Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weekend Get-A-Way

My Birthday Month... :)
So I have always been a spontaneous person, but since having a baby I have not been able to indulge in that... Well my chance came last Wednesday. 
My best friend lives in Kentucky and said she was going skiing and wanted us to come. Original plan was Paoli peaks in KY in a hotel that she was paying for. Then it changed to Gatlinburg TN (shorter drive too!) in a cabin in the mountains! So needless to say, I talked my honey into it :)
So we left Friday night and arrived to a beautiful cabin in the mountains. 


Spent some time in the hot tub, (the water was a little hot at first) 


The next day we hit the slopes. Mind you I have NEVER seen snow for real. 
This is Marci, Shay(her hubby), Jacob (my honey) and me. 


We skii'd, we laughed, we fell and then Marci hurt herself but it was so much fun! I only get to see her about once a year so it was so wonderful to go and spend some quality time with her. 
We went home had some drinks, grilled some steaks and played alot of pool. Along with Shay peeing out the window... Look out below!!
The next day we went to a place called Wonderworks. 
There was a lot of neat stuff there. There was this tunnel you walk through and the walls are spinning around and it made me very sick :(  

Before that we had gone to a little theme park along the way and there was this ride that I have always waned to go on but I have a very LARGE fear of heights... So I tried beating it... 


Yes that would be me and Jacob... a "few" hundred feet in the air... upside down!

It was so much fun, scary as hell though I will not lie. 

Ha ha posing for the camera... liked the clothes, not sure about the face I am making :)

But I think it was THEE best trip I have had in quite a while. 
Soo many pancake houses there though. Which was good when we wanted breakfast at noon, since McDonalds does not serve breakfast after 10 (Which I think is so dumb by the way). 
But we had such a good time. 

Me and my Bestie!!
Yes, me goin down the slopes :) Weeee


Then for my Birthday present I wanted to go to the zoo with my family. Me, Jacob and my baby boy. 


We saw monkeys, and tigers, and bears. 
My son had a close encounter with a giraffe


He thought it was so funny though watching the monkeys pick their boogers, then eating them....ew!!! 


It has been such a wonderful week. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful life right now! 
Tomorrow I am going to an old friends for dinner at her mom's house. She lives in North Carolina so it will be really nice to see her. 

Well that is all for now. Just a little update. 
Time to go ni-night :)





No comments:

Post a Comment