Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hug the Ones You Love.


So today has been such a long day… Didn’t get hardly any sleep last night and then today I was lookin around on myspace and remembered a few things.
September 24, 2007 A friend of mine, whom I had known since we were kids was killed. Murdered. Before that, I had never really known anyone who had been murdered. And then, all of a sudden I did. We were really close as kids… untill I started dating this guy (mind you, we were in maybe 6th grade) that she liked and it was war then. But we made up. Right before she died we had started talking again. And then one day, I got a phone call that she had been murdered.
I went to her funeral but shut off all of my feelings. I was with my ex and my parents and I can’t be real in front of my parents. I left quickly because of my ex, he didn’t wanna stay. So instead of mourning, I ran away from the pain. They asked people who knew her to stand up and say some things to her or about her… I should have stood up. I should have stood up and said
“Tiffany, you should be here now! I’m sorry we fought. I’m sorry for breaking the girls rule, never date a guy yur friend likes. Im sorry you are gone and we are still here. Im sorry that we never got a chance to finally get together and put the past where it belonged. I remember you, with braces, playing at church, running around at church camp and your smile. Your big smile. “
Thats what I should have said. I should not have sat in silence… I should not have left.
I think it is time for me to visit her.
She would have been 22 this year, December 7th was her Birthday.
Time goes so quickly.
So hug the ones you love, tell them how much you love them and never let a day go by where you don’t do something that one day you will regret not doing…
XOXO.


R.I.P Tiffany.

No comments:

Post a Comment