Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Potty Training....

So as of late I have been working on potty training my son. This has NOT been an easy feat. 
With the Monet paintings on the walls, and the wet pants and cleaning sheets almost everyday, today seemed to be a turning point for him. 


He has been wearing underwear everyday but usually sleeps in a pull up. So we decided to stop the pull up's recently. Knowing that I will be cleaning towels, sheets and the bed. But that;s ok. That is what happens. 


So today he is supposed to be taking a nap and well, as usual, he wasn't. He was doing everything possible to get out of taking a nap. So finally I gave up and said "Come on T, let's go check the mail" only to be answered by the response "I can't". "Well son, come on why can't you?" "I wipin my butt". So I run upstairs expecting a mess only to find that the bathroom door has been locked! So i pry the lock and go in and there he is wipin his own butt. I ask him "Why are you wipin your butt?" and he says "because I like wipin my butt"! I try to help him and he says "No mommy I like wipin my own butt"... Meanwhile I am gagging from the smell but laughing uncontrollably... he asks "Why you laughing mommy" and all I could say was "Because"...


So of course once he is finished doing it himself, about 20 wipeys later, he allows me to help, while I am still laughing. We finish and he goes "Mommy I wiped my own butt, I big boy now?" And so the laughing begins again.... 


Needless to say he of course got a lollipop for his wonderful efforts and a sticker on the potty chart... 


Not quite a Bad blanking story but definitely in need of a "Oh blank!"

No comments:

Post a Comment