Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Candle mishaps....

So I have been getting really heavy in this candle making business... 
Learning as I go along... 
The first thing I really learned was well... here is a picture to show the mishap...

First of all it sort of shrank at the bottom... 
Then the color got funky... 
I found out it is NOT good to use a liquid candle dye AND liquid scent... 
The oils in it caused it to get a funky color. 

So I decided I was going to take the candle out since it had shrank and start over... 
Well my boyfriend helped pull it out and it shattered and he sliced his thumb open... 
Oops. 

So the new candle I used the same liquid scent but I used Crayola crayons for the coloring... 





I think it turned out much better. 
Still waiting to see the finished product when it is dried. 
It always changed when it dries... 

But I have really learned that candle making is not as easy as I thought it would be... 

And me being a perfectionist makes it even more frustrating... 

But we shall see how it all turns out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment